Huntsville Hospital Transfer Center
Huntsville Hospitalís Transfer Center offers a one call does it all solution for coordinating transfers from your community hospital to Huntsville Hospital System. With one phone call we can arrange for the acceptance and admission of your patient, as well as coordinate transportation to our hospital, if it is needed.
One Call Does It All
Call locally: (256) 265-3344; or (877) 265-3344
How the Transfer Process Works
- Physician or clinical designee contacts Huntsville Hospital Transfer Center.
- Transfer Center nurse obtains initial information including: demographic information, weight, diagnosis, clinical reason for transfer, priority of the transfer, vital signs, and mechanism of injury (trauma).
- The Transfer Center connects the referring physician with the appropriate on-call physician via phone. The transfer Center nurse will remain on the phone line to facilitate plans and document next steps. This line is recorded for quality proposes.
- After mutual agreement for the patient disposition has been reached, the Transfer Center nurse will complete the transfer process and assist with transportation, if necessary.
- You will be asked to fax the patient demographic sheet to the appropriate unit.
- Prepare a copy of the patientís chart, all pertinent diagnostic studies including lab work, EKGs, and radiographic studies to be transported with the patient.
The Single Patient Transfer Agreement is an abbreviated version of a standing Transfer Agreement between two facilities. Its use is strictly limited to non-emergency situations and it requires, as a prerequisite of the proposed transfer, that the transferring facility agree to accept the patient back once the specialty services of our facility have been provided and completed. This as an opportunity to increase our ability to provide beds for acutely ill patients.